Saturday, May 16, 2009

pretty leaves on pink marble benches


Nadia, you would have had a great time with me today in Milan.
The thing is that Nadia (my zia/ aunt) and I love to walk.
It would be very hard to catch us on a beach sunbathing but you can bet we'll hike you through the most beautiful sites of any city with a broad smile on our face!

This morning I crossed the city of Milan to reach the tiny but stunning Guastalla Gardens.
It was a two hour walk there and another two back but there are so many pedestrian areas in Milan that you enjoy the surroundings without the noise and traffic.

The Gardens were worth the walk. It is mostly a tree garden. Large impressive and unusual trees stand out on the tidy lawn.
When you have a small garden at home you could never dream of planting trees that become this big.
The impression you get in Guastalla is of protection.
It is like being in the presence of kind giants.
And those giants are made of millions of tiny and pretty leaves I want to share with you.




Two more details of the Gardens and then I am off to see the documentary
Terra Madre directed by Ermanno Olmi.



Take care all, have a nice week end.



2 comments:

  1. Nadia said...

    Claudia,
    I wish I was walking through the streets in Milan with You. Its sounds awesome, those chocolate ice creams/ desserts look even better. Hope you had one of them for me.
    Lots of love,
    XOXOXOXOXO
    nadia b

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first visited this blog, I thought it was a poetry blog. And then I realised you were talking about plants. Your writings transform gardening into poetry :)

    ReplyDelete