Thursday, May 14, 2009

From Milan



I feel at home in Milan. It is the only large City besides Toronto where this occurs.
Massimo is working here until the end of June so I came up to visit for his birthday and I will stick around for a week or so.
There was so much happening to my Crops that it was hard to leave.
I can hardly imagine what it will look like in a week with all the growing and bearing and blooming that is going on right now!

While I'm here I hope to post a story or two.
The first is the before and after of the Crops in a Castle entrance.

Before


What we had to face:
- the columns had partially collapsed
- there was a very high step between the outside and the inside
- this is the shadiest part of the garden but the space for plants was not delimited
- the gate was to be replaced

That is a lot for one person in one weekend so we spread it out into many tiny and pleasant weekend projects that may give you inspiration also.

The Columns




The Steps




The Gate Massimo made and the Flowerbeds





That's me covered with cement and content in the pictures above.
The sense of accomplishment actually building something permanent conveys makes you radiant inside and it shows on the outside too.
I have always taken tasks very seriously but none have given me the happiness these sturdy results of my efforts have granted me with.

Now I'm off to see a movie in the City!
See you on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment