Friday, April 24, 2009

before and after




Last year I spent almost all my time landscaping.
Landscaping sounds very chic but the truth is there was sweat, dirt and heat; backbreaking digging, lifting stones and mixing cement.
But I suddenly realized I am hooked. I can't stop. It is my favourite gym for body and soul. So yesterday I took a quick look at an unexplored area of the orchard and decided to make it level, rational, clean and pretty.
If you don't know what to do to improve your garden just sit there and stare and listen and stare and listen. Believe me, it will talk to you. It will tell you what to do. You will suddenly visualize. There is no other explanation on how I managed to landscape.
Let it talk to you, you will love it. Look at what this part of the garden told me:


We now have...
- a big white sitting stone
- a new raised bed made with left over "tegole", italian roofing tiles
- a small circular garden bed at ground level
- tidy paths to reach the compost bins and my potato pen

And while I was working the big white rock spoke to me and asked me for some company. I turned and caught a glimpse of some sad rocks my mother had collected years ago at Lago di Garda. They are now smiling at the big white rock from under the plum tree behind the white tulips and fava bean plants.




Here is another view of my new landscaping project before and after.



No comments:

Post a Comment